Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dick Giordano




1) Sherlock Holmes, and 2) The Two Great Detectives

Dick Giordano was not only a great Silver Age artist, but also worked many years as an editor for both Charlton and DC Comics.  I loved his work on the Batman titles, with Neal Adams and on the DC 12-issue series "Crisis on the Infinite Earths".

The first piece I commissioned from Mr. Giordano through his website.  The second piece I purchased on eBay.  Upon emailing Mr. Giordano I found out this piece was originally done for another collector but was to be Batman chasing Dracula.

 

2 comments:

  1. The Sherlock / Batman is awesome. So is the Gene Colan drawing. It's great to get a look at these, you have an amazing collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. I've been lucky to get some great artists and great pieces. If you are ever in the area I'd love to show you the whole collection.

      Delete